CIVIC POLICE VOLUNTEER FORCE
Howrah Commissionerate has been started functioning since 1st September 2011. Governor of West Bengal has been pleased to approve the raising of 1000 Civil Police Volunteer Force for Howrah Commissionerate for a period of 1 year with effect from the date of the actual deployment with and honorarium of Rs.141.81 only per volunteer per day in such a manner that no such volunteer shall render voluntary service for a period exciding 6 month at a stretch. (No.419-PL/PB/3P-29/11 Dt.26th September, 2011).
A selection Committee under the charge of Deputy Commissioner of Police, Traffic, Howrah has been constituted for induction for the Civil Police Volunteer Force.
• Residence of the area under the Police Station where they will be deployed.
• Between 20 to 30 years.
• Should have passed Madhyamic stander examination .
• Should have represented at least school/Club level Sports.
• Should not have criminal records against them if any Police Station.
• Should be medically fit.
• 10 days training course at Police Lines
• 1 day repressor course in every month in police Lines
Place of Deployment:
• Traffic Guards.
• Police Station.
• They will assist Police in respective units for traffic management.
• They will assist police in major festivals.
• They will assist police regarding unauthorized parking vehicles.
• They will assist police in ensuing public safety.
• Any other duties / responsibilities related to public assistance to be assign by respective e heads of units.