Howrah Commissionerate has been started functioning since 1st September 2011. Governor of West Bengal has been pleased to approve the raising of 1000 Civil Volunteer for Howrah Commissionerate for a period of 1 year with effect from the date of the actual deployment with and honorarium of Rs.141.81 only per volunteer per day in such a manner that no such volunteer shall render voluntary service for a period exciding 6 month at a stretch. (No.419-PL/PB/3P-29/11 Dt.26th September, 2011).
A selection Committee under the charge of Deputy Commissioner of Police, Traffic, Howrah has been constituted for induction for the Civil Volunteer Force.
• Residence of the area under the Police Station where they will be deployed.
• Between 20 to 30 years.
• Should have passed Madhyamic stander examination .
• Should have represented at least school/Club level Sports.
• Should not have criminal records against them if any Police Station.
• Should be medically fit.
• 10 days training course at Police Lines
• 1 day repressor course in every month in police Lines
Place of Deployment:
• Traffic Guards.
• Police Station.
• They will assist Police in respective units for traffic management.
• They will assist police in major festivals.
• They will assist police regarding unauthorized parking vehicles.
• They will assist police in ensuing public safety.
• Any other duties / responsibilities related to public assistance to be assign by respective e heads of units.